Capturing time and sharing experiences with expressive oil paintings
- Love of Customers - Carefully crafted works with a pure, artistic intention. We want to connect and celebrate art in a meaningful way.
- Love of Exploring - A special interest in exploring the unknown in long-distance hiking and travel.
- Love of Nature - Using painting as a way to connect and learn about the world. To take a break from the consuming digital world.
- Love of Planet - Environmentally sustainable practices. Using only what we need and nothing in excesss. Keeping the outdoors that we visit free from our litter and pollution.
Zac is from the United States and Arja is originally from Russia but they met in Athens. Greece has become their home.
Zac would not get far without his wife, Arja. This is a family business and Arja brings just as much value as we work as a team. Much of the content you see on social media is made by Arja.
Arja provides design feedback on paintings as he works to check-in and make sure nothing in the painting is out of place.
The hope is that our family’s love comes through to everything you see in our shop.
Bring Greece to Your Space
Being Greek-American, Zac has had a natural fascination with his Greek heritage. Much of the inspiration to paint comes from exploring Greece.
Our belief is that the kind of impressionist or surrealist quality we adore hasn’t been done enough in Greece. Most of the impressionists were painting subjects in western Europe or Italy. There is a huge opportunity for modern landscape painting in Greece with its incredible landscapes, seascapes, and romantic city nights.
- Rich, thick oil paint with vibrant color - Our goal is to have rich color . We avoid dull greys and blacks by utilizing the color wheel. We are not trying to create something that is “realistic”. We want to use color to express in a more emotional way and to add a unique style to forms.
- Personal and original - Be a part of bringing true art that is not just for decoration. We search deep within and draw from our unique experiences in life. We believe modern art today has become too shallow.
- Quality materials - Almost all of the canvases are made in Greece with quality linen material. The paints are by Geneva Fine Art which have high pigment load and are made with quality ingredients. Rosemary & Co brushes are used to apply loose, expressive paint.